History of RTEMS

Mark Johannes mark.johannes at oarcorp.com
Wed Mar 7 14:23:12 UTC 2001

Angelo,

We at OAR long embraced the open source paradigm through the use of the
GNU tools in the development of RTEMS and our many other projects prior
to making RTEMS open source itself.  It was a natural fit to release
RTEMS as open source to leverage the environment that promotes the
further development and utilization of the product.  However, we are
still trying to understand and shape the open source business model to
fit our needs, but have been doing well to date.  We would like to do
better to continue the maturation of RTEMS and to provide quality
professional services to its user base.  Offering support, training, and
engineering services for those that use the RTEMS environment has been
our way of supporting the continued maintenance of RTEMS.  We will be
offering CD-ROM distributions shortly and have other plans in the works.

If you and your companies have any suggestions on how OAR can meet the
needs of the RTEMS community better please forward them to me
(mark.johannes at oarcorp.com or sales at oarcorp.com).  We thank everybody
for their involvement and support and accept constructive criticism
along with praise at anytime.

If we can answer any further questions, please contact me or any of the
RTEMS staff.

Regards,

Mark Johannes
VP, Technology