Exception problems in released 4.5.0 on mcp750

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 8 16:30:56 UTC 2001

 > > I've been having frequent exception 3 and exception 7 asserts on the
 > > mcp750, often associated with setting up the tcp/ip stack, but also
 > > with the networking not initialized at all.  I can boot a version of
 > > Bluecat Linux on the 750 with no trouble at all.
 > >
 > > RTEMS is configured with posix and networking, no itron, c++ or remote
 > > debugging.  I've tried other configurations (with c++ and remote
 > > debugging) and the problem is identical.
 > >
 > > It has intermittently worked before today.  At this point I think I'm
 > > going to have to go back to the 4.5 beta in order to get it to run at
 > > all...
 >
 > Hello. I'm the guy that wrote the excption handling code :-)
 >
 > What compiler tools have you been using? What is at the PC of the fault?

Naturally, it looks like I may have spoken too soon.  After booting
Linux to verify the hardware was working, RTEMS seems to be much
happier.  I was also experimenting with linking in some static data
for the untar from memory stuff, which might have been messing things
up.  Anyhow, its booting more happily now.

I'm using the normal RTEMS compiler & binutils suite as offered on the
OAR ftp server.

So, for now its working, and I apologize for the false alarm.

Thanks,

Gregm