ACE/TAO on RTEMS

Sergei Organov osv at javad.ru
Fri Mar 16 18:21:51 UTC 2001

"Rosimildo daSilva" <rdasilva at connecttel.com> writes:
> From: Sergei Organov <osv at javad.ru>
> To: rtems-users at oarcorp.com <rtems-users at oarcorp.com>
> Date: Friday, March 16, 2001 11:07 AM
> Subject: Re: ACE/TAO on RTEMS
>

> >Are gcc flag '-ffunction-sections' and ld flag '--gc-sections' available
> for
> >your target? Do you use them?
> >

> I really like to hear if these makes difference.  I added them to a
> makefile and I did not notice much difference. But, I did not tried
> hard enough.  I started getting bizzar linking errors, and suddenly,
> the order of the libraries started matter. I guess, I did something
> wrong.

It really makes difference when you have a lot of routines in one object file
only few of which are used. It effectively makes all your object files
libraries. Don't know if it's the case with ACE/TAO.

I haven't got any troubles using these options after I've changed all
'*(.text)' to '*(.text*)' in my linker command files.

Sergei.