MBUF Cluster Network freeze problem

Smith, Gene Gene.Smith at sea.siemens.com
Wed May 2 13:19:42 UTC 2001

Rosimildo,
The message I see is actually "Still waiting for mbuf clusters" and there is
no disconnection of clients.  Also, when I see the message, my systems never
recovers and has to be reset. Did you have to reboot when your problem
occurred?

Also, when I do 'ping -f' to a similar non-rtems unit, it drops about 60% of
the pings and slows down greatly from its primary task, but it does not
lock-up like by rtems-based unit does.  The rtems-based unit seem to devote
all its energy to responding to pings and stops doing its primary task
entirely. When the clients (64 for them) time-out after 20 sec and re-send
their messages (while the ping -f is going on) is when the lock-up occurs.
As long as I stop the ping before the clients re-send, I do not see a
lock-up. (The clients never intentionally disconnect.)
-gene