MBUF Cluster Network freeze problem

Antti P Miettinen antti.p.miettinen at nokia.com
Sat May 5 18:25:20 UTC 2001

> The BSD kernel code, like most (all?) non-SMP UNIX systems, is written
> with the assumption that no implicit context switches occur.  On RTEMS
> this semantic is ensured by the requirement that a task is active in the
> BSD code only when it holds the network semaphore.

Yes - I'm aware of the network semaphore so I thought that there
should not be any need for the RTEMS_NO_TIMESLICE flag for task
creation. Is this just a leftover or a safeguard or really required?

I dunno if this is in any way relevant in real life but I think that
in principle time slicing should be allowed. Allowing time slicing
might have an effect in some pathological situation.