i386/parallel port

Fernando RUIZ CASAS (E-mail) fernando.ruiz at ctv.es
Tue May 8 11:05:11 UTC 2001

I'm working around the multiuser shell environment.

The system on VxWorks isn't known by me.
If you can explain me the environment perhaps I can work in this line.

I'm preparing a rudimentary telnetd support with tcp/ip in order
to provide remote shell console access but with independent session for
every sesion opened.

The commands that you can execute in this shell are extensible.

With only a

   shell_add_cmd("command_name","help_topic","help
description",main_cmd_proc)

will be necesary to run the new commands.

And the header for the new 'main_cmd_proc' is the standard main_proc in
every 'C' program

	int main_cmd_proc(int argc,char * argv[]);

You can run the 'C' programs but with a little restrictions.

A call of

   rtems_telnetd_initialize();

starts the telnetd daemon and
the remote console will be ready to control the BSP.

Of course you can start a shell in every ttydriver that you need.
Serial, VGA console, etc...
Only a termios drivers is necesary.

See you the last snapshot (20010424)in c/src/libmisc/shell repository for
the shell for ttydriver.

Questions, Sugg?

Please don't hesitate to ask me.

Fernando RUIZ CASAS