mvme2306

Eric Valette valette at crf.canon.fr
Mon May 14 12:54:21 UTC 2001

"D. Peter Siddons" wrote:

> Hi Eric
>
> Yes, I tried both according to your prescription and according to the
> hardware manual, with exactly the same result, i.e. 'now booting...'
> and then a hang. As far as I can tell, the only difference between
> the 2307 and the 2306 is the amount of memory.
> Pete.

Do you have any specific board plugged in? If I remember correctly,
people have been experinecing this due to improper hardware reset on
add-on board. I remember someone saying that after booting linux,
everything went fine in particular...

Just curious, console is on the serial line, not on the monitor while
boot is able to handle both...

You can try setting up traces via printk as soon as it is initialized...

--
   __
  /  `                   	Eric Valette - Canon CRF