network build

rwas rwas mc68332 at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 19:29:53 UTC 2001

Hello,

I've successfully built and run the dist rtems-4.5.0
on redhat 6.2. My target was pc386. I've been able to
run simple examples like "hello-world".

I recently attempted to run the rpc_demo from
netdemos-4.5.0.

I get:
 RTEMS: DEC PCI network card not found !!

Which is interesting because the bsp for the pc386
does'nt have a DEC PCI card listed. It has an NE2000
driver and a 3c509 driver.

After digging around I find references to:
RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME.

In the bsp target directory I find:
 bsp.h.

In it I find:/*
 * Network driver configuration
 */

.
.
.
struct rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig;
extern int rtems_wd_driver_attach (struct
rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *config);
extern int rtems_dec21140_driver_attach (struct
rtems_bsdnet_ifconfig *config);

#if 0
#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME "wd1"
#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH
rtems_wd_driver_attach
#endif

#if 1
#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME "dc1"
#define RTEMS_BSP_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH
rtems_dec21140_driver_attach
#endif
.
.
.

My question is: Is this file where rtems is made aware
of the drivers?

If so, do I need to follow the example I see here for
"wd" and "dec" drivers and hack in one (driver name)
specific for this bsp?

If this is so, why was'nt this change already made to
bsp.h for the i386/pc386 target bsp?

Robert Wasierski
Dynacs Engineering