RTEMS and Ada: What is the current status ?

Thu May 24 19:03:23 UTC 2001

Laurent Guerby wrote:

> Richard Kenner posted the following message on 22May2001:
>
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-05/msg01148.html>
>
> <<
> There is now a set of files for Ada that seem reasonable to add to the GCC
> tree.  They would be in a separate (ada) subdirectory and no changes to other
> files are needed for them to work.  If a machine does not already have GNAT
> installed, that subdirectory will not be configured in (because it's mostly
> in Ada).
>
> Both to pick a good date and because I'll be away from tomorrow until May 30,
> I propose adding the files on June 1.
>
> Are there any objections/issues to doing so?
> >>

> This is very good news for RTEMS/Ada user, of course some work will be
> needed to get GNAT/GCC3/RTEMS working but at least everything can be
> done in the open and Ada will stay up to date in the future.

Thanks for the information Laurent.   The fact that GNAT was still
holding on to gcc 2.8.1 was painful as RTEMS moved on to the newer
gcc versions.  Hopefully this will get us started down the right path
again.

AFAIK, this should allow us to treat Ada as just another optional
language from a tool distribution viewpoint.