problems with PPPD

Ilya Alexeev ilya at continuum.ru
Tue May 29 22:55:03 UTC 2001

Hi all.

I have a some problems using PPPD (from the last RTEMS snapshot).

PPP connection establishes with the remote host sucessfully.

But responses for pings are going only in the beginning,
after some time 'Request timed out'.
I ping my board from remote host with length of packet = 400 bytes.

In the pppd sources I have edit only 2 files: options.c to set
modem speed (B38400) and the ipcp.c to set local IP address.

There is only one (ppp) interface in my rtems_bsdnet_config.

Here is the my Init task:

#define CONFIGURE_INIT

#include "system.h"
#include "networkconfig.h"
#include <rtems.h>

extern void pppasyncattach (void);
extern int pppdmain(int, char**);

rtems_task pppTask(rtems_task_argument arg)
{
    pppasyncattach();
    pppdmain(0, NULL);
    rtems_task_delete(RTEMS_SELF);
}

rtems_task Init(rtems_task_argument argument)
{
    rtems_id pppd_id;

    rtems_bsdnet_initialize_network();

    rtems_task_create(rtems_build_name('P','P','P','D'), 10,
        64*1024, RTEMS_DEFAULT_MODES, RTEMS_DEFAULT_ATTRIBUTES, &pppd_id);
    rtems_task_start(pppd_id, pppTask, 0);

    rtems_task_delete (RTEMS_SELF);
}

What is wrong with pppd?

Centre for Engineering and Technology "Continuum+"
Ilya Alexeev                       Yaroslavl
ilya at continuum.ru                  Russia