RTEMS/Ada and testing

Thu May 24 19:05:36 UTC 2001

Laurent Guerby wrote:

> I volunteered to integrate the ACATS test suite (Ada 95 validation suite)
> into GCC, I wrote a first working script last year and Joel Sherrill
> used it to some extent. The GCC people suggested the use of the DejaGNU
> framework. My question is: are there RTEMS people familiar with using
> the GCC DejaGNU testing framework for RTEMS targets?
>
> More general: how do people test that their cross development system
> targeted at RTEMS work?

Unfortunately, I do not think anyone other than Charles Gauthier
and the other folks at NRC have ever played with RTEMS and DejaGNU.
This may be a good opportunity to educate ourselves.

I HIGHLY recommend playing with GNAT on simulators until the initial
kinks are worked out.  I believe the SPARC/ERC32, PowerPC/PSIM, and
MIPS/JMR3904 simulators should all be perfectly capable of
executing the ACATS.