how to merge my application ?

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Nov 23 12:32:04 UTC 2001

Am Fre, 2001-11-23 um 11.42 schrieb Stan:

> Hello,
>
> I didn't express correctly my thought :(
>
> I would like to be able to merge my sources into the tree.
IMHO, no good idea.

> For the moment, I use "/c/src/test/sample/ticker"  to try different API.
> I would like to be know the best place into the tree for my final application.
IMHO, outside of the tree.

Treat RTEMS like you would treat libc or your compiler's libraries -
Compile, install and forget about it.
Ie. write Makefiles etc. as you would do for any other application and
then pass appropriate FLAGS and settings to it.

There is one exception: Developing on BSPs: here the easiest way is to
add them to the source tree.

If you, for some reason absolutely want to merge your applications into
the source-tree, the easiest way is to add your sources as a parallel
tree to the tests directory, using the tests directory as a template
(Note the tests directory is much more complicated than what you would
need for "some applications").

Ralf