problems adding targets to libfs

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Nov 30 10:34:12 UTC 2001

Am Don, 2001-11-29 um 14.49 schrieb Matthew J Fletcher:

> > > yes,. it complained about not having the EMBEDDED_C_ and UNIX_C
> > > variables, but nothing else.
> >
> > If you are using the snapshots are you using the latest RTEMS autotools?
>
> no, im using the generic GNU autotools, is there a diffrence ?
Depends on what you are referring to as generic GNU autotools:

We are currently using 2 different sets of autotools:
* rtems-4.5.x needs autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4 or 1.4_p5
* rtems-snapshots needs autoconf-2.52 and automake-1.5.

These all are vanilla ftp.gnu.org versions, with no additional patches
applied. Vendor supplied version probably will also work, if the
versions match to the demands of each RTEMS version.

Using the autoconf-2.13/automake-1.4 with rtems-snapshots will not work,
using autoconf-2.52/automake-1.5 with rtems-4.5.x will also not work.

Mixing autoconf-2.52 w/ automake < 1.5, like some Linux vendors do, and
mixing autoconf-2.13 w/ automake-1.5 not work smoothly together in
general.

My current recommendation is:
If using rtems-4.5.x install autoconf-2.13 and automake-1.4_p5 to
/opt/rtems.
If using rtems-snapshots install autoconf-2.52 and automake-1.5 to a
different directory, eg. /opt/rtems-snapshots and prepend
/opt/rtems-snapshots/bin to $PATH.

Ralf