I'm a fresh user of RTEMS

Fri Nov 30 12:17:08 UTC 2001

rtems at btamail.net.cn wrote:

> I'm using Redhat 7.2,PIII,256M SDRAM
> I download the RPMS for x86 and install them.,it seems work well.
> I download the source code of 4.5.0 ,uncompress to a directory in
> /opt/rtems-4.5.0, I make a directory /opt/target
> I run ../rtems-4.5.0/configure --program-prifix=/rtems-i386- \
> --prefix=/opt/rtems

There are a handful of issues here.  With RTEMS you are normally
cross compiling so you have to specify a target (--target=CPU-rtems)
and a BSP (--enable-rtemsbsp=BSP).  For example, i386-rtems and pc386
or sparc and erc32 are valid combinations.

I would not recommend using --program-prefix and --prefix. Use only
--prefix.

And install RTEMS where the tools are (/opt/rtems).

> But How to compile my program??
> I download the Helloworld ,umcompress in a directory ,ruan make
> but it doesn't work at all.
>
> I check the Makefile,
> $RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH= ??

See the README in the hello world.  RTEMS_MAKEFILE_PATH is normally
something like /opt/rtems/BSP.  You export that to point to your
installed BSP and type make.