ino_t type definition

Eugeny S. Mints jack at oktet.ru
Fri Nov 9 12:29:35 UTC 2001

Hi, All!

I investigated newlib-1.8.2 and 1.9.0 code and it seems
ino_t type defined for rtems as short in both. It seems in
this situation we will have a problem if, for example, create
more than 65536 files in IMFS. Unfortunately, for my MSDOS
fs implementation this is more important because of my
ino-to-file assignment algorithm which often uses ino
numbers greater than 0xFFFF. It seems int type more
appropriate for ino_t.

Comments?

				Eugeny Mints

--