PPC float context only 4 Bytes per register?

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Tue Nov 13 15:22:15 UTC 2001

Sergei Organov wrote:

> Joel,
>
> Code in old exception processing has two variants selectable at compile time:
> 32 bits and 64 bits registers. I don't know any PPC variant that has 32 bits
> FPU registers though. Moreover, it seems that with old exception processing
> none of PPC variants supported by RTEMS actually used 32 bits registers. I
> can't imagine why in new exception processing code only unused 32 bits code
> was left.

Only those who make nothing makes no mistake :-) So It is probably my mistake

when developping new_exception_processing code...

But I guess it

takes about 15mins to copy old_exception_processing/cpu_asm.S code code
to new_exception_processing/cpu_asm.S.

I have no time to do that right now. So either you do it or you stop
complaining given the amount of time it represent...

I do not use FPU in my application so never detected the bug... I wrote
the new exception processing code that offers much more feature and a
cleaner API, you can spend some time correcting the few bits left...

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF