Recommendation needed

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Fri Nov 30 15:11:05 UTC 2001

Wolfram Wadepohl wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> i want to use RTEMS and my boss says "no one uses this RTOS in a serious
> industrial application" (machine control). Please give me a mail with
> your industrial application and your confidence of RTEMS to convince my
> boss. thank you.

RTEMS is being used to control the Canadian Light Source (300 MeV
electron linear accelerator, 300 MeV->2.9 GeV booster ring, 2.9 GeV
synchrotron storage ring) synchrotron light source.  I'd say that is a
pretty serious (quasi-)industrial application.  See www.cls.usask.ca for
more information.

Eric Norum                                 eric.norum at usask.ca
Department of Electrical Engineering       Phone: (306) 966-5394
University of Saskatchewan                 FAX:   (306) 966-5407
Saskatoon, Canada.