BDM locks up occasionally on overnight tests

Benshoof, William {AVL~Roswell} WILLIAM.BENSHOOF at ROCHE.COM
Tue Oct 9 16:57:17 UTC 2001

We are using RTEMS with a P&E ICD_BDM, GDB 4.18/DDD 3.2.1/Pavel's patches,
and a Motorola 68332 CPU.  Overall, our setup is very stable, and we aren't
having significant troubles.  However, when we set up a test to run
overnight or for several hours, sometimes we get an unexpected (and
inexplicable) interrupt.

We're going to be running this sort of test out of ROM as well as with the
BDM.  We're also working on implementing leak-detection and usage
statistics, and we have the stack checker turned on.

Any ideas on what we might find?  Is there a "this happens sometimes with
the BDM" category?

Bill