PPPD/Routing Table Question

Mike Siers mikes at poliac.com
Wed Oct 10 18:37:28 UTC 2001

Hi,
I have a simple pppd test program that just brings up and down
a ppp connection over a direct serial link.  The software prints out
the routing table whenever the IP layer comes up or goes down.
I was expecting the routing table to be cleared after the ppp connection
was terminated but it displays the exact same information as when
the IP layer came up.  Is this a problem?  How large can the routing
table grow?  Are there any code examples of how to update the routing
table under RTEMS?  The pppd software has functions which are suppose
to be doing this but it does not look like they are working correctly.

Thanks
Mike Siers