fyi - printk bug?

Wed Oct 10 18:40:37 UTC 2001

> "Hennenfent, Nick {AVL~Roswell}" wrote:
>
> Whenever I try to print a negative number using printk and a %d format
> it would start printing blank spaces forever.
>
> in the file - c/src/lib/libc/printk.c
>
> in function - printNum()
>
> I changed the maxwidth-;
>
> to if (maxwidth) maxwidth-;
>
> That seems to fix the problem.

I can see where this would be a problem.  printk() is minimal and
the only real requirements are to print what the tests require.
I am fixing this on both the trunk.  Your local version of 4.5
must have an updated printk because the official 4.5 did not
include width support in printNum().

> I am using version 4.5.0 but the problem is also in the latest snapshot.

This doesn't surprise me since printk hasn't had any real bug reports
against it.