RTEMS 4.5.1 preview available

Wed Oct 17 14:23:14 UTC 2001

Believe it or not. :)

It is is tool refresh and bug fix release.  For details on
what is changed, see the Enhancements section at the bottom of:

ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/releases/4.5.1-previews/ANNOUNCEMENT.html

It is not all there yet.  In particular, I have not cut new
documentation
and need feedback on updating user contributed items in the contrib/
directory.  So things will show up in this directory as they are ready:

ftp://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/releases/4.5.1-previews

Please provide feedback quickly so we can freeze this one.  It is
long overdue.

I would like to finalize things by October 23 for the code tarball
parts of the release.  In particular, user feedback is wanted on:

  + any missing fixes.
  + updates to contributed components.
  + "it works on my BSP" messages

Thanks.  Please, please help so we can get this out the door. :)