Adding BSP to Latest Snapshot

Fri Oct 19 17:08:24 UTC 2001

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Am Fre, 2001-10-19 um 17.37 schrieb Mike Siers:
> > Hi,
> > I am trying to add my BSP to the latest snapshot source tree.
> > This is my 5206e Coldfire BSP and I copy the sbc5206e.cfg file
> > into the make/custom directory and I copy BSP code into the
> > c/src/lib/libbsp/m68k/sbc5206e directory.  With the latest BSP
> > this does not compile and I get a "configure: Invalid BSP" error.
> You need to add your bsp to c/src/lib/libbsp/m68/acinclude.m4 and the
> run
> autoconf; automake
> inside this directory.
>
> This is a known problem with the current snapshot (I am working on it :)

Although it is not that apparent from the user perspective, Ralf has
been working furiously on getting RTEMS to automake 1.5.  There are
a few nits left and one of the reasons for the gap in the snapshots
was the significant amount of testing done to ensure that all BSPs
built under different sets of configuration options.  We discovered
a handle of latent problems (BSPs without even a stub timer driver,
invalid assumptions, etc).  On top of that, there were major submissions
such as the SH4 and pppd.  Lots of stuff ...:)

> > It looks like the different sub direrctory names are now validated
> > in the configure script that is in the m68k directory.  My question is
> > which file should I update to add my BSP to this list: configure,
> > acinclude.m4, aclocal.m4, or all of them.  Also, do I need to
> > upgrade to automake 1.5?
> Yes, RTEMS snapshots from now on require autoconf-2.52 and automake-1.5.

There are RPMs for these which install into /opt/rtems in (I think)

ftp:://ftp.oarcorp.com/pub/rtems/snapshots/c_tools/support

or something like that.