MPC8xx enhancements

Sun Oct 21 15:25:34 UTC 2001

This really should be discussed on the mailing list because
it impacts a lot more users than you think.

First, I think this is a good thing.

My general rule of thumb is that you should add capabilities
without breaking the current BSPs.  That means leaving the
current settings as defaults and/or modifying the existing
in-tree BSPs to provide proper settings.  In the case of
the 8xx, you should also provide instructions on what to
do to existing out-of-tree BSPs to keep current.

--joel