BDM locks up occasionally on overnight tests

Joe Novosel jnovosel at broadcom.com
Wed Oct 10 15:37:45 UTC 2001

I've had the same problem.
It was electrical noise resetting the board.  When I turned off my lights
(florescent) sometimes my target board / bdm locked up.  I'm using the 5 chip
bdm board with a 68360 board.

I tried starting the test again (with the lights off) and it ran overnight
without any problem.

Hope this helps.

Joe

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 12:57, Benshoof, William {AVL~Roswell} wrote:
> We are using RTEMS with a P&E ICD_BDM, GDB 4.18/DDD 3.2.1/Pavel's patches,
> and a Motorola 68332 CPU.  Overall, our setup is very stable, and we aren't
> having significant troubles.  However, when we set up a test to run
> overnight or for several hours, sometimes we get an unexpected (and
> inexplicable) interrupt.
>
> We're going to be running this sort of test out of ROM as well as with the
> BDM.  We're also working on implementing leak-detection and usage
> statistics, and we have the stack checker turned on.
>
> Any ideas on what we might find?  Is there a "this happens sometimes with
> the BDM" category?
>
> Bill

Joe Novosel
Test Engineer