MPC8xx interrupts

VALETTE Eric valette at crf.canon.fr
Wed Oct 24 11:59:40 UTC 2001

Artemii S. Ivanov wrote:

> Ok.
> Just another question:
>
> Should one move MPC8xx specifc interrupt processing/dispatching from
> lib/libbsp/powerpc/mbx8xx/irq (or lib/libbsp/powerpc/eth_comm/irq)
> to the lib/libcpu/powerpc/mpc8xx/ directory? Will it be look rather
> generic (it seems that this code could be employed in another MPC8xx
> bsps)?

My psosition regarding irq code nature is very clear in general : it is
BSP dependend. I thinks this is true for 8xx board because you can map
interrupts directly to the primary interrupt controller.

You can put the code in lib/libcpu/powerpc/mpc8xx/ but just has a
container location (using the vpath trick in makefile) it should be
compiled on a per BSP basis so that BSP can tweak the code to their needs.

My 0.02$

--
    __
   /  `                          Eric Valette - Canon CRF