network terminals (was rtems command line shells)

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Sep 7 17:40:06 UTC 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:12:12 +0200 '"Fernando RUIZ CASAS" <correo at fernando-ruiz.com>' wrote:
> But if you have tcp/ip started you can start
> telnetd that gives you 1 (Default) pseusoterminal
> ready for remote console

Anyone ported the OpenSSH secure shell daemon to RTEMS yet?
I haven't seen any announcements on this list, but perhaps someone is looking at it already.
The openssh.org page mentions that the portable version runs into a lot of headaches regarding authentication differences between different flavors of Unix-like operating systems, so I don't really have a good understanding of how that will work on an RTOS that doesn't have a native concept of user authentication.

-- Chris Caudle