RTEMS Licensing

Mark Johannes mark.johannes at oarcorp.com
Sat Sep 8 21:24:46 UTC 2001

Hello,

The LGPL is our (OAR) opinion does not allow for the use of distributed
source code that is built into libraries (static or dynamic for that
matter) and stil lmaintain the end user as proprietary.  In order to
provide the clearest license, we modified the GPL to allow those that
link/bind/build with the RTEMS environment to utilize RTEMS without
consequence to othe code that is developed by that entity.

If there are any problems specifically with the license, please contact
us and we can formulate a solution if at all possible.

Regards,

Mark Johannes
OAR Corporation