Connecting GDB to mon960

Gerwin Pfab pb at schenk.isar.de
Wed Sep 19 07:01:26 UTC 2001

Greg,

I used a intel eval960 board some times ago and tried to use the
rtems-gdb, too, but did not have success. I searched a bit inside the gdb
code and found that the interface used by the rtems-gdb does not match
that of the mon960 /mondb. My solution was to use the gdb960 / mondb from
the
intels developers package. If you find a way to get the rtems-gdb running,
please let me know, I would prefer that because the gdb960 is not thread
aware and based on a VERY old gdb revision.

regards

Gerwin

Gerwin Pfab <pb at schenk.isar.de>   Dr. Schenk Industriemesstechnik GmbH
Dipl. Ing.                        Einsteinstrasse 37
Software Engineering              D-82152 Martinsried
                                  Tel: +49-89-85695-0
                                  Fax: +49-89-85695-200