Must sym-link cc.exe->gcc.exe under Cygwin / win98

Harry Courtice hcourtice at optushome.com.au
Wed Sep 19 10:14:55 UTC 2001

I got the following errors while configuring under Cygwin/win98. The fix was
to add a symlink from /bin/cc.exe -> /bin/gcc.exe.

I noticed another post in the archives with the same problem, so maybe this
info could be added to the docs?

checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles...
no
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... configure: error: installation or
configuration problem: compiler cannot create executables.
configure: error: ../../../rtems-4.5.0/tools/build/configure failed for
tools/build
Could not successfully configure into build-i386-rtems!

Regards,

Harry Courtice