information about resources of actual application

Chris Johns cjohns at cybertec.com.au
Wed Sep 26 13:06:05 UTC 2001

Jan.Suchotzki at de.abb.com wrote:

> That I can tell rtems how many resources may main application needs isn´t
> the problem.
> I would like to automate this.

I think I understand what you are asking.

If you check the top of the rtems/config.h file you will find a macro
called "rtems_resource_unlimited". When you define your object counts
for the configuration table via confdefs.h do :

#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TASKS           rtems_resource_unlimited (5)
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_TIMERS          rtems_resource_unlimited (10)
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES      rtems_resource_unlimited (10)
#define CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_MESSAGE_QUEUES  rtems_resource_unlimited (5)

You will be able to create an many tasks, timers, semaphores and
messages limited only by the Work Space memory you have allocated. The
size parameter is the allocation unit used. At initialisation the
allocation unit number of objects is allocated from the Work Space.

--
 Chris Johns, cjohns @ cybertec.com.au