powerpc and Re: init/fini

Tue Sep 4 17:09:49 UTC 2001

Wendell Thompson wrote:

> root wrote:
> >
> > Which CPUs use init/fini for C++ global constructors/destructors?
> > I see RTEMS thinks it is these:
> >

> I think the PowerPC needs init/fini also.

But none of the BSP's current call USE_INIT_FINI... I wonder why?
Is this automatically handled by ecrt*?

I am getting ready to move the definition of USE_INIT_FINI to gcc.
So it would be nice to know why the PPC BSPs don't need it.
This is part of a general movement to allow main() to be in
user space. :>

bash$ grep -l USE_INIT_FINI */*/*/*.am 2>/dev/null
arm/arm_bare_bsp/startup/Makefile.am  <=== mistake I think
c4x/c4xsim/startup/Makefile.am
i386/pc386/startup/Makefile.am
i386/ts_386ex/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/dmv152/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/efi332/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/efi68k/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/gen68302/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/gen68340/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/gen68360/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/idp/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/mrm332/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/mvme136/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/mvme147/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/mvme147s/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/mvme162/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/mvme167/startup/Makefile.am
m68k/ods68302/startup/Makefile.am
sparc/erc32/startup/Makefile.am
sparc/leon/startup/Makefile.am
bash$ find powerpc -type f | xargs -e grep USE_INIT
bash$