Termios for Hitachi SH

Radzislaw Galler rgaller at ET.PUT.Poznan.PL
Wed Sep 19 06:31:35 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Silverio Diquigiovanni" <silverio.di at qem.it>
To: "Rtems Users Maillist" <rtems-users at oarcorp.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 2:37 PM
Subject: Termios for Hitachi SH

> Hi,
> I've some questions to ask you:
>
> - what is the state of termios in Hitachi target (SH1/SH2) ?

The latest snapshot should contain fully functional termios capable serial
driver at least for SH2. It can run in polled, interrupt or task driven
mode. Alas due to problem with organization of linking you have to edit
c/src/lib/libbsp/sh/gensh2/console/config.c and rebuild all RTEMS :( to
change the mode.

> - with the snapshot sources of RTEMS I can still use the RPM (Cygwin)
> availables
>    on ftp or I must create the patched tools with the sources ?
> - what are the layers necessary to use termios (POSIX/ITRON/timers....) ?

For gensh2 you can/should disable POSIX, ITRON and networking. AFAIR
enabling timer manager in application is not a bad thing but I'm not sure if
it is necessary for termios.

> Thank you in advance.
> Silverio Diquigiovanni

Regards