users of non-GNU toolsets

Leon Pollak leonp at plris.com
Tue Apr 9 13:58:22 UTC 2002

I am/was also the CodeWarrior (CW) user, so my 0.5cent...:-))
> Could I ask some more detailed questions?  :)
>   + What target CPU family are you using?
MPC860

>   + Is the assembly language OK?
Not 100%. The 4-th and 5-th versions of CW allowed asm routines only.

>   + What about inline assembly?
Not allowed in 4 and 5. Don't know exactly about 6-th version - in the
marketing now.

>   + What parts of RTEMS are you compiling?
To my great pity only kernel. I wasn't able to overcome header files problems
for TCP/IP.

> What's MSL?
Metrowerks Standard Library - the newlib analog.

--
leonp # plris.com