Info, examples, about using Ip Firewall (ip_fw) w/RTEMS

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Wed Apr 10 21:24:08 UTC 2002

Jay Monkman wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 11:04:34PM -0500, Jim Gullett wrote:
> > Does anyone know of attainable info, howtos, or examples about using
> > Ip_Firewall (ip_fw) and/or Ip_Divert w/RTEMS. There is code in the ip
> > source that appears to be for this purpose. We are using RTEMS to
> > implement a firewall/router/dhcp server.
>
> We're doing something similar, and just starting to try to set
> everythin go. I'll try to keep you informed about our successes
> and (hopefully not) failures.

If someone does have instructions for using RTEMS as a router, bridge,
etc, etc.  Please pass them along so we can merge them into the
networking manual.

I do know of one user who merged IPSEC capabilities from OpenBSD and
built a secure router.  As I recall, the router portion was simply
a matter of properly configuring multiple network interfaces.
Someone else will have to comment on filtering more than that.