Task creation

Thu Apr 11 11:29:49 UTC 2002

Angelo Fraietta wrote:

> Should I be able to create and start task as I want them.
>
> For example, can I do this in this order?
> create task 1
> Start task 1
> create task 2
> start task 2
>
> or do all the tasks have to be created before you can start any?

Good question.  From RTEMS perspective you can create and start
them in any order assuming you create task X before you start it.
But the normal scheduling rules apply so if the creating task
is preemptible, a newly started task may preempt it instantly.
If you use the "normal" RTEMS Init task setup, it is not preemptible
so when that task blocks or deletes itself, the created set
of tasks compete for resources at that point.