Ogg+RTEMS on GameBoy Advance was Re: RTEMS device driver and interrupt

Joel Sherrill joel at OARcorp.com
Fri Apr 12 18:32:01 UTC 2002

Mike Panetta wrote:

> Thinking GBA are we?  An ogg player for the GBA might be pretty neat.
> Esp if it had some sort of visualization like winamp or whatnot.

Busted.  So the big question now..

  Is this a feasible project from a HW perspective?

The GBA has 16 Mhz ARM, 32K+256K RAM, <= 256Mb flash, and as best
I can tell 8 bit stereo.  I know the sound won't please an
audiophile but is this doable given the HW limitations.

--joel