Ogg+RTEMS on GameBoy Advance was Re: RTEMS device driver andinterrupt

Glenn West glenn_west at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 02:44:02 UTC 2002

Here's what I would do:

Grab the Game-Boy schematics.

The take protel, and create my schematic
of my "rom" module. See (www.protel.com)

>From that I would connect the signals, (Home run)
to a fpga from the GameBoy expansion slot.
Off the fpga I have a small "boot" rom for
the ARM inside the gameboy, this is what the
arm would see at bootup. It would be small.
Also would add "Page" static ram part, so that
we can suck code in from the SD, and also to buffer.
The need a serial interface to the mp3 decoder chip,
also home run from the FPGA. The SD is also connected
to the fpga.

To do the project, you have to know schematic capture
to do the "high" level design, pcb layout to create the board,
and preferably verilog, or vhdl.

Then just a bit of firmware development for the gameboy,
there lots of faq's on that.