one more (Re: libchip) question

Wed Apr 17 20:16:49 UTC 2002

Till Straumann wrote:

> What exactly is the purpose of the 'EXTRA_DIST'
> makefile variable / the 'distfile' target ?

Ralf will probably have a better explanation but my understanding
is that it captures all source files in the directory that are
not otherwise accounted for by other automake rules.  The purpose is
to be able to do a "make dist" to get a distribution tarball.
RTEMS is a ways away from doing that. :)