Netdemo examples Working on i386

Bill Butler billb at tnex.com
Wed Apr 24 22:26:19 UTC 2002

Joel,

I just went through a rough time with a couple older network cards.
Getting them setup (internal setting of IRQ and BASE ADDR) is the key. I
have found a setup.exe program for the CNET200plus card (UM9003a). Rtems
ne2000 driver doesn't seem to complain if this is setup incorrectly (ie
the base Address is wrong)?!

If you have some of these cards give me a shout and I'll ship you the
setup program.

Bill Butler
AIPCom Inc
972-644-2328 x16
bbill at tnex.com

Now
> the
> > > demo complained about a NE2000 timeout. After some more searching
> > > discovered this was because I had the wrong IRQ on the NIC card.
> > >
> > > I could not really find any utilities I thought I was stuck.
Luckily,
> > > Win95 was installed on this 486 machine I was using and when I
tried
> > > install the nic card It showed me the setting (irq3,0x300).
Changing
> > > this got me up and running.
> > >
> > > So in summary, if you want to used a ne2000 nic card with netdemo
you
> > > need to
> > >
> > > 1)  Set to your card type in bsp.h. All supported cards are listed
now

> > > #define BSP_NE2000_NETWORK_DRIVER_NAME
> > > #define BSP_NE2000_NETWORK_DRIVER_ATTACH
> > >
> > > 2) Add number of File handle to something more reasonable in
init.c

> > > #define CONFIGURE_LIBIO_MAXIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTORS (30)
> > >
> > > 3) Set your IRQ on your nic card to 5 or modify the
netdriver_config