MPC8260ADS and Linux

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Fri Apr 26 14:55:36 UTC 2002

Am Fre, 2002-04-26 um 16.21 schrieb Mike Siers:

> Hi Joel,
> Sorry for the confusion.  Here is the quick and dirty recipe:
>
> 1) Install OpenBSD
> 2) Install the following packages or ports:
>      - gettext
>      - gmake
>      - autoconf
>      - automake
>      - libtool
>      - m4
gettext and libtool are not required by RTEMS nor by any of the tools
involved into RTEMS.

> 3) Get and build GNU sed source (installs to /usr/local/bin)
gm4 and gsed may be necessary on some platforms, because the native ones
shipped on some systems are too limited or broken for use with autoconf.

> 4) Get and build GNU patch source (installs to /usr/local/bin)
I have no idea why you need this, may-be the native patch is not able to
handle unified context diffs.

> 5) Make symbolic link from /usr/local/bin/gmake to /usr/local/bin/make
> 6) Make symbolic link from /usr/local/bin/gm4   to /usr/local/bin/m4
> 7) Modify path to have /usr/local/bin before other directories
In addition to this, you will need a sufficiently good shell for RTEMS
and for the autotools, because some shells on some systems are known to
be severly broken and the auto*tools not having yet been adapted to
these shells' deficiencies
(Known to be problematic at present time: Newer systems using zsh-3.0.x
and ash as default shells)

Ralf