MPC555 : wrong assembly instruction with GCC

Tue Apr 30 13:28:39 UTC 2002

Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> Hi Ralf,
>

> > Anyway, does anybody know to which cpu the mpc555 is supposed to be
> > compatible and whether the dcbf instruction only is not available on the
> > mpc555, or other powerpcs, or powerpc-cpu-families too?
>
> The mpc555 has a "rcpu" core from motrola, dedicated for
> automotive and control applications, where caches would bring
> too much "execution time jitter". AFAIK this core is only
> available in the MPC5xx family (MPC505, 509, 555,556,
> 561,563,565,566). BTW, this core includes a FPU.

Sorry Ralf, I told you wrong on the FPU part. :(

<Sigh>  The Motorola roadmap I have been looking at makes
it clear that generation 1 PPC was 601 and 5xx but did not
make it clear they were different.

Ralf.. please put some of this CPU model data in the
PPC manual.

> So in fact this is a unique cpu submodel and should be a
> dedicated target for the multilibs you are working on... Did I
> mention this model in my previous mails? I hope so...

Thank you.

Thomas have you made any progress on transitioning the
4xx to new exceptions so we can abandon the 4xx/old
exceptions combination.