gdb stub initialization order

Thomas Doerfler Thomas.Doerfler at imd-systems.de
Mon Aug 5 17:23:18 UTC 2002

Hello Paul,

I have recently contributed a generic (?) m68k-
gdb stub suitable for RTEMS aswell as an adaption
layer between ther standard stub I/O functions
and RTEMS termios-polled drivers. This adaption
layer should work with any serial driver
supporting the polled termios model and it is
configured in the "Init" module in a similar way
as other RTEMS configuration options. Its
initialization code is called from "post-driver-
hook", just the same location you mentioned. It
has been tested for MC68040 and MC68360 boards.
The adaption layer "serdbg" and the m68k-stub is
available with the latest snapshots, but should
in general work also with 4.5.0.

Hope this helps!

wkr,
	Thomas.

> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone have any feeling about whether initializing a gdb stub
> in  a bsp  postdriver callback is a bad idea? It doesn't seem
> to work for me. I need to do it this late since I need a device driver
> to decide if my serial path to for gdb is available. It looks to be a bad
> idea-- but it would have been a workaround for my specific problem.
>
> And while I'm at it, is anyone successfully using a m68k gdb stub with
> 4.5.0? (I copied mine from the ods68302 bsp, which isn't  working
> out thus far.)
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     -Paul

D-82178 Puchheim          Germany