termios Q (tcsetattr() when using stdio)

Paul Evans paule at martex.gen.oh.us
Mon Aug 19 20:43:03 UTC 2002

Hi All,

After converting by BSP to termios (mainly for application
portability), I now can't figure out what the portable way of
doing a tcsetattr() is if I'm using libc stdio. Or more
specifically can I get a "int " file handle from a "FILE *"
stream pointer?

I guessing the answer is to open the file twice,
as a stream and using libio? Or could I
open/tcsetsttr/close then go ahead and
use streams knowing that the termios state
would stay intact? (Is this portable?)

And Yes I know I might look inside the FILE
structure itself, but then the portability gods might
strike me down. I'd rather skip fprintf in leu of
snprintf and write() the buffer.

Questions Questions...

Thanks,

    -Paul