build prpblems with rtems-ss-20020807

Ralf Corsepius corsepiu at faw.uni-ulm.de
Thu Aug 22 09:24:33 UTC 2002

Am Don, 2002-08-22 um 10.50 schrieb Bob Wisdom:
> Greetings all, long time no contact!
> I am also having similar problems as Ralf building with the latest
> snapshot
It's Jack who has the problems ;)

>  - I am building for m68k gen68360 bsp.
> However I suspect that my problem might be that my build tools or clib are
> not up to date, so am downloading the latest stuff from oar that I can find.
> I'm a bit confused if I need to use the gcc v3 or not these days (I am about
> 1 year out of date).
It's not a matter of gcc-3 vs. gcc-2.95.x.

It's a matter of having to move several system headers from rtems into
newlib for structural reasons (The coupling between newlib, gcc and
rtems is pretty complicated and had changed many times in the past and
now had to be changed once again :( ).

Unfortunately, this results into breaking older toolchains and currently
forces users to update their toolchains.

AFAIK, until now only the gcc-3.1 and gcc-3.2 toolchain rpms have been
updated to be compatible with current RTEMS, and nobody having looked
into backport the changes to the gcc-2.95.x toolchains, yet.

Ralf