Bochs

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Thu Dec 5 23:23:22 UTC 2002

On Thursday 05 December 2002 5:13 pm, Chris Caudle wrote:
> Below are the instructions for setting everything up.

I think I left out a few steps that I went through when first configuring
bochs.

In the bochsrc file, check that the display library is correct for your OS
(on Linux should be x or wx, I've been using wx)
For the rominage file, use /usr/share/bochs/BIOS-bochs-latest
In the boot section, make sure the boot order is set to floppy, and disk is
commented out.

I think those were the only additional things I changed, although there may
be other changes needed once you want to go beyond the most basic examples.
One that comes to mind is the keyboard configuration section for any app
with console I/O, obviously the networking section for network tests, etc.

--
Chris Caudle