MIPS GNAT/RTEMS success!!

gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov gregory.menke at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Dec 6 01:13:49 UTC 2002

Joel Sherrill writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > Just a note to let everyone know that I successfully ran the
 > Ada RTEMS hello world program on the MIPS target using the
 > jmr3904 simulator!!!  YEAH!!
 >
 > I also successfully built for the pc386.
 >
 > This is using gcc 3.2.1 and the soon to be avaiable RPMs.

Yay!

I'll also add that I got INIT_FINI for static C++ constructors working
on the jmr3904, tested via my own apps and hello.exe.  I'll try it on
the Mongoose tomorrow.  The jmr3904 C++ issues were lack of the
crtbegin/end stuff in the bsp_specs and a somewhat old linkcmds.  I
think this update could likely be extended to all the MIPS bsp's.

I did a similar C++ constructor support update to the shared motorola
bsp's, so far they are testing out OK.

Gregm