POSIX message queue changes from 20020301?

Jay Monkman jtm at smoothsmoothie.com
Fri Dec 6 00:23:44 UTC 2002

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 06:06:39PM -0600, Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp.com> wrote:

> Try upping it.  But if you might also want to step into the create
> and see why it is failing.  I don't know how many your application
> needs but 30 would seem to be plenty.

My test program only creates one (but with two descriptors). The
failure is on the mh_send() not the mh_open() call. I've followed the
mh_read() call through _POSIX_Message_queue_Send_support() which calls
_POSIX_Message_queue_Get_fd() which is really _Objects_Get().

In _Objects_Get(), the test
   if ( (the_object = information->local_table[ index ]) != NULL )
is true (with index = 2), but I don't understand it enough to know
why.

--
Jay Monkman	    The truth knocks on the door and you say "Go away, I'm
                    looking for the truth," and so it goes away. Puzzling.