non-maskable interrupt

Ilya Alexeev ilya at continuum.ru
Fri Dec 6 12:41:53 UTC 2002

Hi all.

I am using rtems-ss-20020301 and gen68360 bsp.

My MC68360 board has external device which uses
non-maskable Level 7 Interrupt Autovector.

RTEMS documentation says that it is OK to use non-maskable ISRs,
but they are must not use system calls.

My ISR doen't use any system calls,
it just read/write a registers of external device,
but there are some problems then this ISR called too often.
This ISR spoils some RTEMS internal data structures.

I have add a number of test tasks for my application,
which are just call rtems_task_wake_after(1).
Then I call the ISR enough often,
my system hangs somewhere in RTEMS' _Watchdog* routines...

What I am doing wrong?
Is it possible to correctly use non-maskable ISR in RTEMS?

And one more thing - I am using standart call - rtems_interrupt_catch
for attaching non-maskable ISR.. Is it OK?

I will be grateful for any help.

Ilya V. Alexeev
ilya at continuum.ru

Continuum Plus JSC