req. Ideas on how to multiplex n/w data and normal data ?

sudhir pola surya_hi at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 14:23:00 UTC 2002

Hai all,

I am using RTEMS over leon. I am using the Xilinx xcv
1000 virtex board.

As leon has two UARTS A & B ..but on the board which i
am using has an interface for only one UART A which i
am using it for stdin,stdout and stderr using teraterm
from a winnt m/c.

UART A is registered as /dev/console in RTEMS and UART
B is registered as /dev/console_b.

I want to do some serial communication i.e basically
SLIP. So i want to multiplex n/w data with the normal
input/output,since in SLIP each frame starts and ends
with "c0" ..so whenever a SLIP frame arrives this data
can be given only (until end of frame) to the network
task and remaining data to other tasks.

The idea i have is to have two ttys 1 and 2 one used
for the normal data and the other for n/w data.

Like basically printf's and scanfs using one tty1 i.e
stdin.stdout and stderr would be associated with one
tty and the n/w i/o calls with tty2.

Assigning priority for one tty over the other.

My question is in RTEMS how to start up with this idea
..i.e i would like to know how to use or create ttys
in RTEMS. I would also like to know the pro's and
con's in using in this method.

Thanks in advance ..

Regards,

Sudhir Pola