Network Stress Testing Questions (ss-20021118)

Eric Norum eric.norum at usask.ca
Mon Dec 2 18:35:14 UTC 2002

On Monday, December 2, 2002, at 11:41  AM, Bob Wisdom wrote:

> p.s. As an aside, does anyone else get malloc / free to fail with a
> nasty
> corruption if the #define MALLOC_STATS  is switched on in the malloc.c
> file?
> I seem to get the failure even using the standard malloctest suite that
> comes with RTEMS built as a standalone application. Maybe the #define
> is not
> to be used in this way?

One must be very careful with malloc/free in the BSD code since the BSD
kernel routines are completely different from their RTEMS/newlib
counterparts.   Are you talking about BSD kernel malloc stats or
RTEMS/newlib malloc stats?

--
Eric Norum <eric.norum at usask.ca>
Department of Electrical Engineering